• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6.5 SAUM badger action proof barrel SAC built

gilbertc

I have for sale a custom built 6.5 SAUM by short action customs. This thing is silly accurate with 140 bergers at 3125 fps on an accuracy node using H1000. I had it built with the goal of a medium wieght hunting rig that balacned well so I went with a proof carbon fiber barrel and have not been disappointed. The chassis makes it a little heavier than most want for mountain hunt but it balances awesome. I just tooke it on a Colorado mountain deer hunt and packed it around for a few days before getting my buck. Just went over the 100 round mark with load development, some long range practice and a deer hunt I just got back from. With the data I've looked at the 150 smk would be stable from the 8 twist at velocities attainable from this round if you wanted to shoot them but the 140 has been phenominal on deer 450 yards and on steel out to 1580 yards. I'd be willing to share my load data with buyer to save on that process if they wanted it.

Badger 2013 short action 60 degree bolt throw is great
Proof carbon wrapped 26" 8 twist barrel
AIAX chassis inlet to fit badger
5/8x24 threads with area 419 brake
Timney calvin elite trigger

Price for rifle only deal pending
Buyer can have option at s&b optics, mount and bipod if they want a package deal. I take Paypal friends and family or USPS money order. I spend most of my time on the Hide and have a great track record over there but thought this might fit over here as dual purpose hunting rifle. Been a reader and memeber here a while just haven't posted much. PM me if interested and I'd be happy to visit through text or direct phone call.

Last edited:
Recently worked up a phenomenal load with the 150 smk running 3027 on an accuracy node with SD of 4.2 and max velocity before pressure was just over 3100!

Price now $3650 one last attempt to move it.