6.5 grendel loads for CZ 527 varmint

VanJansenburgh

Hey all I just ordered a CZ 527 varmint MTR in 6.5 grendel, as a training gun and feral goat gun. I was wondering if anyone has experience working up loads in long barreled 26" bolt guns for 6.5 grendel. It seems like CFE223 is a good powder to start with, but what do I know, I have only reloaded for a .308 and not extensively at that. I want to use 120gr copper bullets.

This will get you started

I am getting very good accuracy from AR-Comp and 129&130 grain Nosler slugs.

Also, a short trip over to 6.5 Grendel forum http://www.65grendel.com/forum/ and search around a bit will be of more help than I.

I guess I should add that I'm shooting a gas gun.

Last edited:
Good luck! My 24" 527 American has yet to break 3/4" with anything I've tryed (95Vmax,100and 123 elds, no copper bullets. With top candidates=ar comp,cfe223,and xbr) tac is fast but no accuracy at all.
The cheap bear creek barreled AR that I built outshoots the CZ on paper.
The little CZ hates fur though and has yet to miss an antelope past 400yards, coyote@ 250 or a pile of prairie dogs.
The necks are splitting after 3 fireings in the CZ but the AR will go past 5 fireings without anealing?

Depends on the temperature fluctuation when you will be shooting. CFE223 and well as most all the ball powders very quite a bit in stability of velocities with temperature swings. I would suggest one of the extruded powders. IMR 8208 and ARcomp are to great ones. Barns has load data on the web for the 6.5 Grendel. Do a Google. If you don't have to use mono bullet you might want two take a good look at the 120 gr. Speer Gold Dot. It has been one awesome bullet for white tail deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.