6.5 Creedmoor 156 gr Norma Alaska bullet

Attachments

• IMG_2410.JPG
    IMG_2410.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Not the same, but I have the 156gr oryx bullet in my 6.5 cm. I'll use that for deer in Michigan too. Or black bear.
For Muleys out west, a 143 eld-x in a PRC seems like a better match.

I've shot deer with a 155 Lapua Mega out of my Swede and it puts reading holes in them or conversation holes in them. I shot a doe at 146 yards facing me and it went out a hind quarter softball size hole. To much bullet for deer. They hammer out to 300 no problem. I save these now for elk or larger as I like to eat the critters I shoot

Depending on how your rifle is throated the projectile may be pushed far into the case as the o-give is very far forward. If you can't find the Norma, Hornady has a similar 160g RN.

I have a box of 156 gr.norma 6.5 x 55 can i take the bullet out of them and put it in a 6.5 creedmoor round. with 42 grs of winchester staball 6.5 ? I know this is an old tread but need answer soon.

Last edited:
I have a box of 156 gr.norma 6.5 x 55 can i take the bullet out of them and put it in a 6.5 creedmoor round. with 42 grs of winchester staball 6.5 ? I know this is an old tread but need answer soon.
Brunos has the bullets in stock. 155gr mega

Not unless you work up slowly.
And, if you only have 1 box (20 rounds I assume), good luck.