• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

6.5 / 7mm caliber for short ultralight build

Nevrsummr

As the title says im looking to build a custom for my wife. Looking for a caliber recommendation in 6.5 or 7mm that would work well with a 22 or 23" barrel. Probably a proof sendero light. Havent picked an action yet. The rifle will be used for deer elk and bear mainly. We do shoot regularly and she managed to take her elk last year with my rifle @ 500 yds and one perfect shot.

My rifle has a manners EH5 which i feel would be too wide for her. So i am also looking for recommendation on a stock similar to an EH1 but not as wide in the foregrip.

She currently has a 6.5 prc which caliber wise i am set up for. Just not sure on how it would perform with a short barrel.

One stipulation is it must be a caliber i can get good brass for. Lapua,Adg, etc. I dont want to form brass.

Look forward to reading your input, thanks guys 20201206_084627.jpg

Ag stock you need to call them because I don't think they list them?

With regards to brass, lots of great 7mm-08 brass and even more 308 brass you can neck down. Pretty good numbers and a lot of people say it doesn't gain much after 22".

If she's not tied to the vertical grip I'd check out the Manners EH6a which can go up to the proof light. More of a traditional grip and setup right for a smaller rifle.

Side note, you'll likely get more replies if you have this moved out of the classifieds.

With regards to brass, lots of great 7mm-08 brass and even more 308 brass you can neck down. Pretty good numbers and a lot of people say it doesn't gain much after 22".

If she's not tied to the vertical grip I'd check out the Manners EH6a which can go up to the proof light. More of a traditional grip and setup right for a smaller rifle.

Side note, you'll likely get more replies if you have this moved out of the classifieds.
Thanks. Dont know how to move it, but my bad. Sorry.