6.5-47 Lapua vs 6XC?

EXPRESS

I have a Rem Titanium that one day I'd like to rechamber as an ultra mountain rifle for chamois.

The calibers I am considering are the 6XC and 6.5-47 Lapua.

I generally prefer to lean toward the heavier bullet with the better BC, but in this case, the 6XC seems to have quite a bit more speed on it's side, and considering that it is not going to be shooting past 600 yards, more likley 400, that puts things into a different perspective.

The 6.5-47 doesn't have enough capacity to push the 140 gn VLDs fast enough, so I'd probably be shooting the 123gn Scenards in that caliber, while with the 6XC I'd look for a 105gn VLD.

Has anyone used either or both for hunting with the bullets category of bullets I mentioned?

Running both Berger 130's and Scirocco's at 2900 FPS out of my 6.5X47 w/ a 24 inch barrel. Easy recoil. Lapua brass. Under 1/2 MOA w/ mine. Bruce

$1/case for great brass...... Not fun to lose, but reloading w/ the 6.5X47 I hope to get 12- 15 reloads on it. Will anneal every 3-4 firings...This brass seems to available. Bruce

by "this country" I meant Italy, where I live, and the Lapua brass is actually not considered expensive, also because it is the easier to get too.

I see... Chamois, Aussie in Italy... Should have know you meant a different country. I thought long and hard one time about building a 6xc or a 6mm SLR (super long range). But I decided I too needed a bigger bullet. A good friend of mine uses a 6.5 x 47 for hunting, I know he has taken a few white tail deer with it and really likes the round.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.