6.5-300 Weatherby

I don't have one. However I have 8 or 9 or 11 Weatherbys and looked it up from a historical perspective long before it was announced. It's been around a long time.

If you buy one in a Weatherby Mark V, now, you should get sub-MOA guarantee.

Virtually identical to a 26-Nosler for the belted magnum and Weatherby lovers.

I don't have a 26-Nosler either, just 277/26-Nosler, 28-Nosler (well I sold it), 308/26-Nosler and 338/26-Nosler. Same as I have a 257 Weatherby, 277 Weatherby, 7mm Weatherby, 300 Weatherby and a 338-378 on the way.

So basically it boils down to my educated guess.

If I were going to buy a big magnum 6.5 I would have one heck of a time choosing between a 26-Nosler and a 6.5-300 Weatherby except.... I like Weatherby.

If I recall the 6.5-300 weatherby was designed years ago, but it never sparked interest.

Looks like its getting a second chance, there are lots of flavours of calibers too choose from these days, so it will be a long road to get it off the ground.

Pretty hard too beet the plain old 243, 308, 270, 30-06, 7 and 300 mag's here in Canada.

Well established cartrages seem to sell.

IMO that is.

Don

Mine is working good. Running 143g eld-x's at 3410fps. Under .5 moa out of a factory Accumark.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.