6.5-280 AI dies

oh yeah now I remember; you got the model 70 (ultimate/black??) shadow like me and had it rebuilt. Isn't Jim See doing that work for you? I'd really like to see it when its ready, or even in process...

By the way, the saga continues on my rifle. The bolt is at Short Action Customs having a new knob installed. The knob came from AZ Precision. I really think the extra leverage will be nice for cycling that hefty mauser claw extractor.

I also changed out the scope, rings and bubble level.

I'll update the post (below) when its done.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/7wsm-gets-makeover-53834/

Does anyone know where I can find a set of dies for a 6.5-280AI? I am going to have one built this summer and looking around for the dies. I was going to do a 6.5-06AI which I have found dies for, but then I found out Norma makes 280AI brass so I changed to a 6.5-280AI....that and its something almost no one has heard of (at least the few people I have talked to about it). I am new to reloading and this is my first custom ever so I'm still learning as I go. Thanks for the help!

Brian

I was thinking of building the same thing but I'm going to use .280 AI Nosler brass and 6.5-06 AI dies.

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, one of the smiths that I use on occasion had a 6.5-280 improved reamer made. He called it a 6.5 Thor, but I know its been done before, and not sure of his shoulder angle. I think it was the 40 degree because he was using 280 AI brass. Not sure about his dies, or if he just made some. I'll have to go have a talk with him about this.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.