6.5-06 with Hybrid 100V Load Data

CaptnC

I got started with this combo from the Hodgdon load data page. I've used H 100V successfully in other cartridges, plus it readily available. I can find it at several different stores.

Any way I have compared the use in several different cartridges and the max load is quite a bit higher than what is listed for the 6.5-06. The case is has quite a bit more room in it so I've slowly worked up over Hodgdon's max load.

I'm currently 1.6 grains over max with zero signs of pressure, velocity is very close to what I think would be expected (3065fps with 130gr. Nosler RDF) the SD and ES are about as good as I've been able to achieve. The rifle is definitely shooting way beyond my abilities. On my last range trip I had to move to another target because I only had one hole in the target...yep...it was shooting into the same hole at 200yds.

I'm using Hornady 25-06 brass, CCI large rifle primers and seating the bullets 0.020 off...

Shooting it from a Savage Axis action with a NSS Criterion barrel with a a pretty tight head space.

Just wondering if any one else might be using the combination?

Emailed Berger about a 130 OTM combo, they said they were going to refer it to their technical department because they had nothing with the combination.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.