500+ yard ranges close to NW Arkansas

riverrat13

I got the bug and am starting to get into long range shooting. I recently moved to Northwest Arkansas for work. Being new to the area and not knowing any land owners. I am struggling to find a place or a range by searching online. It is quite discouraging thinking I may be limited to a 200 yd range.

I figured I would start here to see if I could get some help from a local or two. I am willing to travel two hours or so and pay my ''fair share'' to shoot. That would include the Ft. Smith, Tulsa, and Joplin areas and anything in between.

It is not close if you are in the Fay. Springdale, Rogers area this won't be close enough, but there is a very nice range in the Houston, MO. area.
I used to live in Lincoln, have you asked the guys at the big gun shop in Tontitown?

Where in NW AR do you live ?

I live in the Cave Springs area. That was my next plan was to go around to all the gun shops and ask around.

I live in the Cave Springs area. That was my next plan was to go around to all the gun shops and ask around.

Yes, that's a pretty good distance from Houston, MO. , likely too unhandy.
I bet the guys at the gunshop I mentioned will help, I am pretty sure some actual shooters deal there.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.