500 yard shooting.

dieselgeek

That's about as far of a place as I can find to shoot. The two plates with my goofy face in the picture are what we were shooting at. Those were my first to shots. It knocked them over! Then I grabbed my AR and made some adjustments to the Eotech and ding grabbed it again, first shot!. I never missed , but I only had 10 or so shots to shoot. + the 1 shot out of the AR.

The Horandy 168g Amax went straight though. The 75G tap just put a lil ding in it.

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Last edited:
Remington VTR w/ a B&C A2 stock. the only thing different than the photo is the sling and I now have a Harris BRMS 6-9 bipod.
Glass is a Leupold Mark 4 10X40 LR/T w/ M3 knobs.

This was my first time shooting out to 500 yards, and it was addictive. I wish I had more time/ammo to see how I could group at that distance.

I chronoed the rounds at 2650
IMAG0007-1.jpg

Last edited:
I hope those woods behind the target are under your control.... A few clicks too many and a passing squirell hunter could get a hunt of a lifetime!!

These were Factory BVAC 168g Match that use Horandy Amax bullets. I chronoed them at 2650. I have some Scener hand loads, that I've not built up fast enough yet, I'm only at 2450 or so right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.