• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

50 bmg primers

Farmerbrown32

Im looking for RWS or cci35 50 bmg primers. Located in SW NORTH DAKOTA. Lmk what you have and willing to drive a ways. Thanks

I shoot quite a few 50BMG, still have 2800 #35, 800 RWS, & 408 Unis Genx primers left.
Just loaded 500 cases all lathe neck turned and machined deburred primer crimp. Sometimes shoot 70 rds a day. Three yrs ago they were selling CCI #35 for $30 a hundred locally, I bought some but they sit on the shelf a long time moving slowly .
The best buy was the Unis Genix primers about 16 cents ea a box of 1360 primers Nato spec sold by Graf, $222 for 1360 primes and they are good, shot 5 shots into .6" with a .510 caliber bullet & military 620 gr APIT. I was shooting some 50BMG loads for 50 cents per shot, for everything, primer, bullet, powder. Brass was $100 for 200 clean cases. Ran $20 for 16 lbs of IMR 5010, 8 lbs for free of Ireco 85, bunch of 1.99 a lb H870. Plus all the regular 50BMG powders and a few not so regular like RL 25.
The 50 is great for getting rid of old powder stocks. The 647 gr FMJ were nice pristine from 50 to 80 cents. I resized pulled bullets for cheap plinkers, 600 at a time in an ammo can, were near 25 cents each.
And you can shoot subsonic accurately with a 50BMG, Trailboss or Red Dot with the 647 gr fmj or APIT. Surprisingly the 620 gr APIT is quite accurate and beats the lathe turned copper and 750 Amax for short range grouping. One group of APIT bulletd are more accurate than the other and the weight is lighter and the other has extra serrations on the jacket. I bought 750 APIT bullets for 45 cents ea pristine and very accurate in my barrel it made the .6" 5 shot group at 100 yds ...and they go bang on the target in subsonic mode ...one ragged hole accuracy at 50 yards plus blowing up on plywood.
Good subsonic deer load, plenty of penetration with hardened steel core and it blows up on impact with the shoulder... " but it's not an illegal fmj for hunting officer, it's an APIT." And it cooks the meat for you.
Do not shoot in dry brushy conditions. These are rainy weather bullets only, and or large gravel, sand, or rocky areas with little vegetation, and carry your fire extinguisher...Just in case.

Wish we could go back in time
Yes those times are gone, but after spending all that money on a rifle, then it's a bunch extra for dies, presses, C&H sizing die etc... ya kinda want to shoot it. So I went on a buying mission for components, special sales, gun shows, guys getting out of 50BMG shooting, and free shipping on 500 new 647 gr fmj , and 1000 ps of shiny brass. The delivery people do not like to handle a box with 500 50BMG bullets, so buy 10 boxes of 500 ea, over time, when bullets are on sale, with free shipping.
One guy who quit reloading the 50BMG, took about $600 off me in drastically reduced prices...I was ready to leave with $20 dollars left for gas... he took my last $20 for 16 lbs of imr 5010, which I put through the gun. Got home with an empty tank of gas, but had a boxes and bags of good 50 bmg reloading items, for half price or less. Even made me take 14 new 1Lb containers of W748 for $150 .."if ya buy it all." Look for that guy.

I got a brick from this seller probably 2 months ago, no issues. I also couldn't find them any cheaper, still got 1 left....
Yes that is a ridiculous price $480 for 500. The most I've spent is $150 for the the same box.
Check out Rocky Mountain Reloading, they had factory primed brass, probably on sale yet and ya get a 50BMG case to go with it ,...I just checked over the holiday they sent a coupon for 8%off, the coupon code LONGTRAINOFABUSE .. Check it out, see if it's for you ...$377.20 total cost if 200 new 50BMG primed cases, free shipping... incase of emergency...not cheap but it's available, and may keep ya supplied for awhile.

Last edited: