• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

50 alaskan

Mmmm, 50 Alaskan. Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous. Build it on top of a 45/70 1895, or stay true to the old school and use a 348 '71? :)

You might try Wild West Guns and see if they have any leads. Not too many places doing that conversion, especially these days. Lots of fitting and feeding work in that process.

Most 50 Alaskan seaters have tapercrimps internally, as the lever format basically requires the extra holding power. Have you double-checked that by chance?

Another option might be the Lee Factory Crimp die, which is what I prefer, personally, as it has worked well. You can have Lee make one if you ship them fired brass. ( https://leeprecision.com/custom-rifle-factory-crimp-die-thread.html ) if they don't have any in stock, but it looks like they do (use the "Available for immediate shipment" drop down.) I like the more uniform collet-crimp over the taper for both levers and magnums.

G'luck!
-mox