5.7x28mm

THEIS

Hello,

Anyone hunting with a 5.7x28mm pistol?
If you were going to build a 5.7x28mm pistol for hunting...what would you want in regards to pistol specs?

Thanks,
THEIS

I've killed a handful of prairie dogs with the 5.7 out of a PS90... I have to echo the above question.... Hunt what?

t

Hello,

Anyone hunting with a 5.7x28mm pistol?
If you were going to build a 5.7x28mm pistol for hunting...what would you want in regards to pistol specs?

Thanks,
THEIS
I made a 5.7x28 for a Thompson Center Contender. The barrel started life as a 22WMR as they have .224 rifling. Chambered carefully, reworked the extractor.

Of course the variety of bullets is endless depending in twist but with the rimfire twist rate bullets for a 22Hornet work really well.

The ultimate is some very short copper bullets for squirreling. I am looking forward to getting down the project list to get some more bullets loaded. Really want to try talk Steve into making me some 36 grain "Dead Blow" Hammer bullets.

Also on the list is a .20/5.7 and a .17/5.7. We have all the barrels. Again, just trying to get that far down the project list. Developing the LR/ELR facility in Morro Bay is taking a great deal of time out of my schedule.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts