470 N E

I would try calling RCBS directly. Sometimes they have a set of dies lying around for an obscure caliber such as this. You might get lucky. If not, you can special order then wait. Also, check ebay and other online auctions. you never know. Good luck!

I am looking at a 470NE. I have had a hard time finding components. I want to know if I could save money over the 10 dollars a round that factory ammo cost. Have you found a source for the components. If I cant find any I might go with a 416... Do you have a 470? if so details??

it wil cost a bit to get set up, I just ordered 100 woodleigh 500 gr projectiles and 40 cases for 250.00, the dies will cost about 200. after that you will definately save money. go to accuratereloading.com, go to african hunting and also double rifles.
the guys on that site were extremely helpful with advice. I will receive my first double rifle 470 ne Merkel, least expensive, but i think it is great. i cant spend 15,000 on a gun.

I could send you a private message but I don't know how. If money is no object, they have some beautiful 470's out there you can get a new merkel for 7995.00

There is an American company making double rifles, possibly in Pennsylvania or Connecticut. I don't remember the name. They have a new 470 NE double rifle on display in the fine gun room at the Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, MO for $9995--I'm sure this price is inflated. I'm sure you could find out the name pretty easy since there can't be too many companies in the US making express double rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.