• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

45 acp revolver

I'm need to shoot the 45 acp ammo I have and can't shoot my 1911 worth a **** so I figured I'd try a revolver.
Looking for a 45acp revolver in a ruger, S&w, or other quality pistol brands. Pm with what you have. Thanks.
You realize that a revolver that fires rimless 45 ACP requires moon clips like the S&W Governor which will also fire 45 Long Colt and .410 defensive shells?

Yes I am aware of the minor inconvenience of moon clips.
I own a Governor but also own a Charter Arms 9mm revolver that operates with detents in the cylinders and moon clips are not required. Maybe there is a 45ACP that operates the same way.

I own a Governor but also own a Charter Arms 9mm revolver that operates with detents in the cylinders and moon clips are not required. Maybe there is a 45ACP that operates the same way.
Great idea. The governor peaks my interest but I don't like the lack of a adjustable rear sight,

I have a 625 Smith,and while they recommend using moon or half moon (they came with the gun) clips, they work without them. Would strongly recommend the 625. The 5 inch barrel balances unlike any other N frame smith. Just a blast to shoot.

Looking for a 45acp revolver in a ruger, S&w, or other quality pistol brands. Pm with what you have. Thanks.
Find a JM edition S&W 625 a frame I believe. Accurate and great triggers, mine had a better trigger than my performance center 460. I used it to harvest the cougar in my avatar! Absolutely love it!!!!

I have a S&W 25 1955 45 ACP gun. Has factory grips. It is super clean. I also have 300 rounds or so of 45 auto rim ammo and brass to go with it. Probably $2k ish for the lot.

Did you find what you needed? I've got a S&W 625-8 JM with plenty of moon clips.
625jm.jpg