375H&H mag long range ??

7mm mag sendero

gun)I was pondering the chance of useing my 375H&H mag with 300gr AB for long range hunting(600or700yards) but wanted to know what you all thought about it.I can handel the recoil thats not a problem.What would be the max range for the gun? have any of you tryed this? what would the pros and con of a cal this big? That you much for the input

Happy hunting and be safe

Look into the 260 Accubond. I think that would be my choice because it will carry a little more velocity to 700 yds. The limiting factor IMO is how far will those bullets go and still expand. I'd trust the 260 to expand better at long range than the 300. Both have plenty of energy and frontal area if the bullet expands. Either bullet will shoot through an elk from any angle at long range. So I'd aim for bone to help the bullet open. With the 260 Accubond there is no question in my mind this is a 700 yd elk killer.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.