375 Raptor

exchief

anyone have experience with the 375 Raptor, looking to get an encore barrel and would like some info before pulling the trigger on the build.

All good, thanks. MGM is getting reamers to start chambering this cartridge- thought maybe someone would already have one.

What is the parent case? Sounds cool! Is it an improved configuration?
I have a .375JDJ and had a 375-284 and both where great hunting rounds for woods guns.
Mike

What is the parent case? Sounds cool! Is it an improved configuration?
I have a .375JDJ and had a 375-284 and both where great hunting rounds for woods guns.
Mike

it is a necked up 308 win with a blown out,improved shoulder. the velocities are impressive and it seems like it will be a medium to long range thumper.
dave

It should be pretty similar to the 375 JDJ. The JDJ is a bigger case but runs at lower pressure, so it probably balances out in the end.

A buddy of mine ran one in an AR-10 for a while before getting bored with it. I seem to remember him being pretty impressed with it overall, he just has a really short attention span and moved on.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts