375 cheytac bullet suggestion

All the information I have on the Flatline is second hand, and in smaller calibers but everything I have heard has been positive. The problem with warner anything is how insanely expensive it is. I second the 350 gr. SMK as the most logical and affordable option.

I was just reading about the Enabler setup. $20,000 !! Has anybody experienced velocity variation and measured it with more rounds? Sure you need to clean the AM s after 30 shots or so. Yes, the case life on the Snipetac at 3000 fps is better than the AM s at 3270 but the higher velocity gives more SS range and punch. Sure the Snipetac is very accurate at below 1200 yds. Seems to me the Enabler is a compromise and the tables don't show that great a SS range? Some 1700 m . At least you save on powder! Thoughts?

My thoughts
In the 2017 King of 2 Mile
The 375 Snipetac was the "only round" that connected with all the qualifying targets and including the Coldbore target. As well as just getting bumped out of the Finale, the shooter should of shot better on the 1500+ target it costed him.

In 2018 King of 2 Mile
A 375 Snipetac took top honors as having the highest score for a complete rifle system using a foldable bipod and under 25 lbs in which collected a check from Tubbs for $2500.00. As well as two Snipetacs placing in the top 20 out of 62 shooters overall.
Both were running RL33 with 361 grain Flat Line bullets with 80 moa rails and Vortex Razor Gen II scopes.

Note both had 32" 9 twist barrels
I think they preformed well, hope this helps some.

Cheers
Osoh

My thoughts
In the 2017 King of 2 Mile
The 375 Snipetac was the "only round" that connected with all the qualifying targets and including the Coldbore target. As well as just getting bumped out of the Finale, the shooter should of shot better on the 1500+ target it costed him.

In 2018 King of 2 Mile
A 375 Snipetac took top honors as having the highest score for a complete rifle system using a foldable bipod and under 25 lbs in which collected a check from Tubbs for $2500.00. As well as two Snipetacs placing in the top 20 out of 62 shooters overall.
Both were running RL33 with 361 grain Flat Line bullets with 80 moa rails and Vortex Razor Gen II scopes.

Note both had 32" 9 twist barrels
I think they preformed well, hope this helps some.

Cheers
Osoh

Osoh

Thanks for your thoughts and insights. Maybe I ll try your Flat lines. I got my reloading setup from you for my Snipetac after Dave Viers failed to deliver.

I seem to recall you working on a higher velocity .375? Did you decide not to go ahead with that or did you find problems like some may have with the .375 Viers Magnum?

5ED79D70-FC0B-4DCC-B7E1-649144A01C5D.jpeg
LR3

I was easily able to push a 400 grain Flat Line at 3400 fps with out any issues with the 375 Warner, I used this setup this summer and detuned it to 3361 fps to shoot in New Mexico's heat this last summer. The round preformed very well, the only issue I had was when having to fire 15 rounds in 9 minutes or faster in the heat it was hard on the throat erosion, that was a lot of gas going into a small hole one after another in a short time. If a shooter was just shooting a few here and there at a range it would be a laser with decent throat barrel life before having to set it back.

This year we opened up the brass necks and chambered a barrel to a 416 only to hope that there will be more area for the heat and gas to flow and then eroding the throat as fast in the barrel. I should be able to push the Flat Line 505s around 3250 +/- and have good brass/primer pocket life.

Here's a picture of the 375 Warner with a 50 Cal on its left and the 375 Snipetac on it's right.

I will be using the new Warner 505 grain 416 bullet this year. The bullets are dang expensive and our group is not sponsored by anyone but our back pockets, but in the ELR events that we try to shoot we depend on quality equipment and components.

Good luck with your shooting, if you ever have any question always ask I'll try to help.

Cheers
Osoh

View attachment 122047 LR3

I was easily able to push a 400 grain Flat Line at 3400 fps with out any issues with the 375 Warner, I used this setup this summer and detuned it to 3361 fps to shoot in New Mexico's heat this last summer. The round preformed very well, the only issue I had was when having to fire 15 rounds in 9 minutes or faster in the heat it was hard on the throat erosion, that was a lot of gas going into a small hole one after another in a short time. If a shooter was just shooting a few here and there at a range it would be a laser with decent throat barrel life before having to set it back.

This year we opened up the brass necks and chambered a barrel to a 416 only to hope that there will be more area for the heat and gas to flow and then eroding the throat as fast in the barrel. I should be able to push the Flat Line 505s around 3250 +/- and have good brass/primer pocket life.

Here's a picture of the 375 Warner with a 50 Cal on its left and the 375 Snipetac on it's right.

I will be using the new Warner 505 grain 416 bullet this year. The bullets are dang expensive and our group is not sponsored by anyone but our back pockets, but in the ELR events that we try to shoot we depend on quality equipment and components.

Good luck with your shooting, if you ever have any question always ask I'll try to help.

Cheers
Osoh
Thanks Osoh. Very informative. Will the 400gr Flat line work in a .375 AM 10 twist? Any experience hunting? Dave Viers was going to build me a .416 VM but it never happened but would have been interesting. Look forward to your experience.

LR3

The 400 Flat Line would need something in the area of a 8 twist, You will have better results with the 361s due to your twist rate as well as having enough gas to push the bullets fast enough to maximize the mass weight and BCs. Heavier bullets with higher BC rating sound great but if you can't push them fast enough to preform better then a slightly lighter high BC bullet you didn't gain anything.

The Flat Lines are solids and more then likely will zip right through an animal without opening up any.
You may need to look at the SMK 350 grain or Rocky Mountain leadcore bullets or the Cutting Edge Lazer hunting bullets for hunting purposes they all should work well with a 10 twist.

Osoh
JH

LR3

The 400 Flat Line would need something in the area of a 8 twist, You will have better results with the 361s due to your twist rate as well as having enough gas to push the bullets fast enough to maximize the mass weight and BCs. Heavier bullets with higher BC rating sound great but if you can't push them fast enough to preform better then a slightly lighter high BC bullet you didn't gain anything.

The Flat Lines are solids and more then likely will zip right through an animal without opening up any.
You may need to look at the SMK 350 grain or Rocky Mountain leadcore bullets or the Cutting Edge Lazer hunting bullets for hunting purposes they all should work well with a 10 twist.

Osoh
JH
Thanks so far the SMK have worked well

Dale any idea on the bc for any of those bullets. They look fantastic but if I recall they were on the low side for bc. Not that you won't have that with most hunting bullets. Just curious

I shoot the Chinchaga 375 grain out of my 375 Cheytac. These bullets shoot great out of my gun. I do not recall what BC I use but I'll check my notes when I get home.

Good to see ya Dale, I hope all is treating you well these days, I still have some of your 375 bullets here, very nice for a cup n core bullet especially for those looking for a hunting bullet.

Cheers

I am osoh
JH

Yep, good to hear from you Dale.
The go to load for my lighter 30" hunting barrel for my .375 Snipetac is a 375 grain Chinchaga RBT ULD ST (as pictured above) @ 3150 fps. I have used a BC of .8 out past 1300 yards and been spot on. These things are ridiculously accurate out to those ranges and open up fairly quick, great for shooting game at long distances. My 36" barrel shoots them good to, need to try the 435 grainers in that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.