• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED .340wby Sako TRG-s Exc++ w/extras

edward hogan

Selling my TRG-s/M995 receiver rifle. Just don't shoot or hunt with it since moved on to .338/300win mag.

Rifle is as-new. Started life as a .338 win mag. That barrel was pulled and a NEW Takeoff in .340wby was purchased and threaded 5/8x24 for muzzlebrake. Muzzlebrake installed is a JP Entp Bennie Coolie in blk steel. Looks awesome and can be removed in the field. Do have a thread protector will include.

I never met a rifle I didn't want to switchbarrel. This one was setup to headspace on the shoulder and is a minimum oal chamber which really makes it accurate. Genuine Sako barrel, perfect in every way and has Stoeger's import marks like the orig .338 barrel. Also have a .300win mag 24" takeoff barrel can include in the deal. I decided not to keep any .300win chambered rifles once I went to the .338/300.

Boltface shows perfect, as-new. Gun has been fired about 40rds as .338win and 20 w/fullpower magnum loads. Last Summer I loaded and fired 20rds of Cast Bullet loads using my 292gr cast bullet. Pretty good power with 45gr of 3031 or 4198, but really just a plinking load.

The extras: Trigger adjusted to 2lbs and is very crisp. Factory trigger, just superb. Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed. Includes Leupold Sako detachable scope rings 1" high. You get the JP Entp muzzlebrake and EGW thread protector as well as the essentially brand new barrel.

The Options: Have 40pcs of Weatherby/Norma once-fired brass, an RCBS FL die set and a 50pc assortment of Premium .338 hunting bullets by Nosler, Barnes, and Speer from 225 to 250gr. The loading gear is an extra $75 with sale of the rifle. Buyer can also purchase the as-new .300win Sako takeoff barrel for $75.

Will ship the rifle in a padded hard case to FFL holder upon receiving Postal moneyorders in amount of $1075. Insurance is your option. I will ship Priority Mail, but recommend Express for 2day transit time, cheaper ins cost, and 14day settlement on insurance claim. Have never had a claim situation develop on an FFL shipment, but...

Want pics? Send me your email.

Other TRG-s I owned was a .30-378wby that went with its extra .338 Lapua barrel about 5yrs ago. Pretty sure sold to a LRH member. Rifle guaranteed to be as described. Ship it to your gunsmith for prelim inspection. Once transferred to you there is no return.

These are fantastic rifles, I just don't need several .338 magnums when I hardly shoot one as it is.

Might be able to do a partial trade on a quality scope; never know.

Do a bit of studying your loading manuals and you will see the .340wby can do everything the .338 Lap or RUM will do, and has more available and affordable brass. With bullets from 160gr to 300gr it will handle every requirement you could set. This one headspaces on the shoulder and does not stretch virgin brass. My .338/300win brass is much longer lasting due to same chambering setup. With the brake on this .340 you might just enjoy plinking with full magnum loads... Not that doing so will win friends at the range.

Fine rifle. You will treasure it and probably shoot it a lot.

PM or email me with any questions.

Thanks!

Still available.

Have not heard back on the other inquiries.

All emails and PMs replied to; all pix sent.

Thanks!

Five guys have written for pix and expressed interest in the rifle posted above.

I have decided to part-out the rifle.

I have listed the two TRG-s barrels, the .340 w/brake and the .300win on another forum, and will no longer sell the loading gear at special price with the rifle.

Just a friendly "heads-up" while the rifle is still all-together. I will honor the previous sale price for 24 more hours. Sorry if you don't see this in time.

Thanks again for your interest.

ed hogan