338rum

I have one in a Rem 700 duracoated and pillar bedded into an LSS stock. It will shoot under an inch at 200 yds if I do my part with the Nosler 225 gr Accubond moly coated clocking 3050 fps out of the 26" ported factory tube.
I've taken one bull elk with it at 320 yds, shattered the offside shoulder. I have also taken two whitetail deer at around 75 yds apiece. Both hit the dirt immediately. My load is certainly not max and I would think that one could achieve close to the same velocity with the recently introduced 250 gr Nosler Accubond.
I would not hesitate to take this rifle anywhere in North America for any game animal. It is one of my favorite rifles.

I used to shoot a 338 wm for years and then about 7 years ago I bought a 338 rum. I started off shooting 210 gr barnes xlc @3350 and took numerous deer and elk with it. Amazing terminal performance. Then I started having accuracy problems and turned out my factory barrel had a defect. I had the gun rebarreled with a douglas premium and fought the barrel for two years. I still managed to take a bull at 582 yards with a 225 accubond and another at 532 with a 250 partition. Last year I had the douglas barrel replaced with a broughton and now I can push the 225 accubond @ 3300 fps behind 97 gr of rl 25. So far I big muley down at over 300 yards. This spring I will start maxing out my range. I love this caliber, but I think the 225 is the best bullet for me at this time for max down range power.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.