338edge +p and Retumbo data anyone?

JJMoody

I'm well aware of existing data for this rifle using h1000 and 570, just looking around to see if anyone is using Retumbo. Going to begin load development shortly and have plenty of h1000 and Retumbo, just wondering if I will see any benefits using the latter. Planning on shooting 300 otm in ADG brass lit by either 250s or 215m. 31"bbl. appreciate any help.

Shawn used to have his data on his website. He had a retumbo load posted at 1 time. Im at 90 grains retumbo with 300 berger otm in my lapua with 215m.

If you or anyone local is looking for vv n170 I have 8lbs minus 90 grains x5 shots. I tried the max load but my barrel is slow and to short so I'm sticking with reumbo

I talked to Shawn about Retumbo, he told me it'd be a fine powder, they just didn't do anything with it. I know I could just extrapolate case capacity against a lapua, start low and work up, but this is all part of the fun, seeing where others have gone before!

I think you'd be fine @ 90 to start. I prefer retumbo in my 300 ultras and the lapua. I remember shawn liked the es and sd of the h1000 but I got pressure faster so retumbo is my personal fav. Although in jan. I stole some r26 from my prc pile and that got me excited. 300 otm
20210116_153232.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.