338 Yellow Bastard

375rifleman

Hello this is my first post on LRH I've been to the site many times but until now never registered . And I've been looking at information about the 338 Yellow Bastard it seems like it would eat any standard rifle barrel up in a matter of a few shots. But I was just thinking if the cartridge case is made out of tool steel and the reloads are more or less infinite why aren't more cartridge cases made this way ? I was alos wondering how far over the saami specified max loads you could go if the case is made out of tool steel like the 308 win. 7.62x51 Nato in a FAL ? Thanks for any input or ideas.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but the main reason I brought up the 338 Yellow Bastard is because it's the only rifle cartridge tht uses tool steel as cartridge case material instead of brass or the cheap steel that wolf likes to use and was wondering if by using tool steel you could increase the pressure limits over those set by saami safely because if you could/can you could get 30-06 or better ballistics out of a 308 Win for instance. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts