.338 wsm

joe0121

I have a setevens rifle and I think I might want to get into wildcatting. It is a short action .308 and I think a .338 wsm would be an awesome choice. I would need a new bolt face and barrel obviously what else would be need a couple set of dies to work the neck up to .338? Is there another case the will fit in a short action savage that has more case capacity than the 300 wsm?

i think the Lazerroni short magnum case is a little bigger than the WSM case. of course if you want to wildcat, you could shorten the Chey-Tac case. won't be able to put it in that action though.

My dad has a specialty handgun chambered in 338wsm. I believe he uses 325wsm brass and just runs it through his 338wsm dies.

i think the Lazerroni short magnum case is a little bigger than the WSM case. of course if you want to wildcat, you could shorten the Chey-Tac case. won't be able to put it in that action though.
His bullets are sexy for sure but trying not to go into the poor house
My dad has a specialty handgun chambered in 338wsm. I believe he uses 325wsm brass and just runs it through his 338wsm dies.
Is there an easy to read list somewhere of cartridge case apacaties? I am super new to the idea of wildcatting so I dont know where to find the resources.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.