338 WSM or 375 WSM

Dave King

Anyone know about thses or have a small desire to create one?

I'm toying with the idea of a 375 WSM (short enough for a Short Action rifle).

I have the desire to create a 338 WSM, but not the funds
wink.gif

Wouldnt mind a 338-08 for shooting 210 B-tips too
wink.gif

JB

Brent & Chris

Brent, are you talking a 416 WSM??

Chris. Whats the COL for the rounds on the reamer your smith has? Will they fit in a Rem 700 SA??

Dave-- I'll be talking to him this week and I'll ask. I'm pretty sure the reamer is set up for the Win or MRC action length.

Dave--
I have a MRC SS SA in the safe waiting to become a .375 WSM. I have the reamer lined up and am waiting to see how the McMillans for the MRC turn out. My smith has a brand new reamer in .375 WSM and is itching to use it. He has my lightweight .338/06 right now and I want him to finish it before I start on another one. Email me and I'll give you more details...

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

I have a friend back in FL. that built a 338WSM but he hasnt shot it much yet, still setting it up. He also built a 458 RUM (talk about a romper stomper) over 100ft/lbs
of recoil with a 600 gr. Barnes "O" Bullet @
2300 Fps out of a 10 lb. rifle (Yes its scoped too). LOTS OF FUN!! But not exactly long range though. It will however throw a 350gr speer hotcore out at over 3000fps.
Chris

Any data on a .375 wsm? FPS or FPE?

Would it have the punch for cape buffalo?

I met someone in RSA who is having one built and said he would use it on buff. I have my doubts but no facts
smile.gif

Who is gunsmith with 375WSM reamer, please. I hunt deer around Icy Strait area of AK......lots of bears learn about gunshot dinner bell and I hate approaching 30mph snow cloud with brown nose sticking out front of it. Old guy with implant shoulder, bad ears who falls down a lot and dislikes noisy, snow packed brakes. 7mm and 30 fan but need longer recoil push of 375. 9.3X62 just not kinky enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.