338 WSM....anyone tried it

Bang4theBuck

Maybe Im having a brain fart, but I am not aware of or seen anyone mention a factory chambering or wildcat rendition of the 300 WSM in a 338 cal. Has anyone done it? How dis it work out. Seems like it could be a real good performer!
Yes, this post represents where my mind goes when allowed to do so in the dog days of winter.

anyone mention a factory chambering or wildcat rendition of the 300 WSM in a 338 cal.

I've mentioned this cartridge a couple of times here and on another forum.

I have original Winchester brass head stamped .338 WSM but after this first beta testing run, I never found any more brass. The reason was probably too similar in performance to the .338 Win. Mag. With the popularity of the Win. Mag. the decision was probably to forego this endeavor.

There's nothing wrong with the cartridge and I still shoot a couple, one 21" short barrel, one standard 26" barrel.

:)

Maybe Im having a brain fart, but I am not aware of or seen anyone mention a factory chambering or wildcat rendition of the 300 WSM in a 338 cal. Has anyone done it? How dis it work out. Seems like it could be a real good performer!
Yes, this post represents where my mind goes when allowed to do so in the dog days of winter.
It's a wildcat, I can't imagine you'd find a "factory" rifle in it.

The Sherman 338 Mega is basically this, and he has brass and dies.