338 RUM

jmcarrol

Anyone have some load recommendations for 250 Bergers? How does the 250 berger compare to Nosler 250 accubonds? I still cant get my hands on Nosler 265 LRAB or I start there. Rifle has 26" barrel. Shoots factory Nosler 250s under a half inch. Once I burn through the factory ammo, I want to start working up a load for it. Not interested in the 300gr loads. Mostly 250-265 range.

I shoot both out of mine around 91-92 gr of R25, 2900-2950 FPS in a 26 in barrel MAX LOAD. Both bullets work well on game. Berger flys about 1/2-1 MOA flatter in my gun seems to be a better bullet over 600yards. A little more accurate. Inside 600 shoot about the same, I like both.

Probably better powders to choose from today but I got a lot of R 25

I shoot the 250 Accubonds and the 250 Bergers with 89.0 RE26. Velocity is just shy of 3,000 ft/sec. Accuracy is very good with both but the Bergers shoot just a bit tighter.

I used the 250 Accubonds to take two bull moose. Terminal performance was excellent. I put one bullet through both shoulders on a 15pt bull. The bull flipped over backwards and was DOA in seconds. I recovered the bullet in the off-side skin. It weight 140gr which I think was pretty good considering how much big bone the bullet smashed through.

The other bull was shot twice, broadside, at 315yds. Both bullets penetrated completely and exited. The bull walked about 35yds and piled up.

I shoot 92 retumbo with 250 bergers. I tried rl26 and the gun just didnt like it with the 250 Bergers. But it eats with the retumbo.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.