338 rum brass

D.Camilleri

I have had Remington 338 RUM brass on backorder at Cabelas for over 6 months. Last year I bought 100 rounds from Midway and they haven't had it since. Today I got an email from a friend that he got from Midway stating that Remington 338 RUM brass had been discontinued. Cabelas still shows it being available on backorder but it is 26+ weeks out.

While I was on the Cabelas website, I noticed their Nosler brass was on sale. I looked through the offerings and low and behold, they have 338 RUM brass in stock and on sale for 56.00 per 25. The cost is double of what Remington brass was costing, but some is better than none.

I got the same e-mail from midway, stating the 338 RUM Remington brass was discontinued.

No matter, I'll buy Nosler brass and be happy. The case dimensions are so consistent compared to Remington, that by the time I sort and cull the remington brass to the same specs as the Nosler, the price/brass is about the same, and I've spent alot of time too. Life is short, I don't want to spend time sorting and culling brass. Even if Remington was in stock i would still shoot the Nosler....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.