• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 LMAI Dies

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We are building a 338 LMAI. We have all the components for the build with the exception of the JGS Custom Reamer. I am going to have Widden make a set of custom Click Adjustable Sizer & Micrometer Seater Set, but can't get it made until I send them three pieces of brass 3X fired from the chamber I cut. The problem I have is that I need a set of dies to reload the brass, but don't have dies. Kind of a "Catch 22". JGS won't have the Reamer done until Jan 2022. Unfortunately after I get the fired brass Widden has a 16 week wait.
Looking to see if anyone has an inexpensive set to sell or at the least will let me borrow/rent so i can reload a few cases. Won't need until I chamber the barrel most likely in Feb 2022.
Anyone else ever run into this situation? I probably could use 338LM dies. Just need to neck size and push a bullet in.

Thanks
Len & Jill

I ran into the same problem with a 300 Norma Imp. I built. I had Whidden just make the dies from my reamer print. They said they would rather have the fired brass to measure but made it from the print with my understanding that if the reamer or chamber came out different it was all on me. In the end JGS must have made the reamer to spec and the chamber came out on size too. I took the chance because I didn't want to wait the extra 16 weeks for the dies and in the end it all worked out great.

Whidden can make the dies from the reamer print.
They did it for me when I built a 338 LM Imp with a chamber of my own design.
I had them make me a full length bushing sizer die, and the I used my chamber reamer to enlarge the bushing in a Forster Micrometer seating die.

Dave