338 Lapua Improved in progress!

Tyler Kemp

308Nate (Nathan Dagley, straightshotgunsmithing.com) is building it for me. Hopefully it will be finished by November in time to get ready for some deer whacking action.

Here's the final specs!

Action- Lawton 8500 with right bolt/right eject, with right/left ports, fluted bolt and a "tactical" bolt handle. Topped with a 40 MOA base.

Barrel- Broughton fluted 32" 7.9 1000 yard contour, with 5C 1:9.3" twist.

Brake- Nate's "X-Treme" brake, the big slab looking one.

Trigger- The real light Jewell with a safety.

Stock- Mcree Precision...too many options to list, but it's coated in Coyote Tan.

Barreled action to be coated a matte black.

+custom dies by Nate

That's everything that Nate is doing for me. Will put a 6-9" Harris on it eventually, I have one on my 6mm now, if I don't get another one it will have to do double duty. I will add a Nightforce eventually, but I'm broke now because of this, I had to chip in some. :D (If you have a 5.5-22x50 or 56 NF, and are willing to sell, PM me!)

I CANNOT WAIT!

Sounds like a good build, you've been waiting for this for a long time! What weight do you think it will end up at? Judging by the reports of Nate's builds you won't be disappointed when it turns up.

Stu.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.