. 338/378Wby scope choices

That rifle is going to punish whatever is on it.Seekin rail and a combo of 4-6 cap screw, or a 3 ring set up.Night force 5-22 scope and there rings and rail or there unimount

How far are you going to shoot? That will then influence what scope you choose, especially magnification and adjustability.

I'd consider Near bases/rings or their Alpha mount.
Odds are that your rifle has a brake, which will help.

I'd consider bedding it (action into stock) if you haven't already.

I am hoping to use it on long range elk hunting and distances might run from 200-600yds.

Yes, it has a Accubrake. I have not had it bedded yet, just factory bedding. I have a Near Alphamount, but was not sure how big of an objective lens it would accommodate.

Based on my 338-378 you may want to check the nominal amount of factory bedding. If the rifle has been shot much you'll probably see that the daub of epoxy they use has cracked and is useless. You're better off to fix that now than chase it down later.

At 200-600 yards there are a wide variety of possibilities. A 4.5-14x50 Zeiss comes to mind if you buy one with target turrets. Doing that you can spend $600, or work your way through various scopes up to almost $2000 for a 5.5-22x56 Nightforce. Your budget is the only thing stopping you. :D

Your current Alphamount is excellent. I'd call Near and see if they can tell you if it accommodates an objective larger than 50mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.