338-300RUM

Roy,i don't have much time, our bear season comes in next mon and deer the week after.so , no, don't have much patience. this is my bullpup and everything has been a prototype.would take too long to explain everything i've had to work through but it's functioning now and it can shoot better than i can.

i know what you mean about the 33 cal. haven't shot anything yet but the anticipation is high to say the least.i'll get some pic's up of my ride when i figure out how.it's a pretty interesting piece of equipement and it's not pink! i'll have to get one of my stepsons to show me.it's the old fart/computer thing.

How ya doin today Diablo 1? Went out and shot Sunday with Mariska (Name of my .338-300) and it was reading 2 degrees Frnht. off of my Chrono. Tried the 225 NAB with 99 grs of RL25 and it printed just over an inch (1.14"), for three shots at 300. Good Results. The 300 SMK with a light load of Retumbo (88 grains / 2600fps) was very pleasant to shoot and very very accurate, the best three shot group at 300 was .988". That is total group size without subtracting bullet diameter. I only shot for about an hour and a half, it was too cold to stay on that bench any longer and in that time my 7yr old son shot up 200 rnds of .22lr through his single shot Henry. Those were the good groups, we will not discuss the 3 shot 4.7" group that I shot before deciding that discretion was the better part of valor and headed for the barn. Diablo 2 OUT.

Seabass,

You Marines are so coollllll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My "old ranger" cold ***... stayed at home all weekend!

When you're dumb... you have to be tough, right?

That was some good shooting given the temps.

I ordered my new #4 contour Shilen Select in, you guessed it... .338!

I am going to build myself an 8 lb walking one-holer!

Still wanna link-up thursday?

[ QUOTE ]
this is my bullpup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM impressed! I had no idea you are into the innovative things. You bull pup would be a real man's job.

I sure would like to see a pic of the rig.

Hmmmm, in a bull pup configuration my 30" AM could be a carry rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Roy, it's a pretty sweet rig, well, at least i think so.the barrel is 29" and with a holland qd brake it's only 40" long. i've only shot it a little but it seems to shoot well. i'll get a pic up when i get the recoil pad on,hopefully tomorrow. i'll tell ya all about it when i post my pic.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.