• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

#311002 Athlon Cronus 12-36x50 ED Spotting Scope reduced from $699.99 to only $499.99

I feel like those 2 spotting scopes are vastly different in weight and bulkiness. I wouldn't compare the two in anything but optical quality. this cronus would literally fit in my jeans pocket.

Nope! Just by reading the specs seeing weight and size. I'm thinking really hard on buying this Cronus though. Would be good for all the semi open areas. It's hard to really tell how small this one is unless you watch a video on it.

I'm sure Doug will chime in on optical quality of the two in the morning.

Question (really want to know): I only have a low end spotting scope and it doesn't have a reticle. What purpose does a reticle serve in a spotting scope?
A reticle can be used to judge distance, size and speed of an object. It can also make impact corrections much easier, because you have a measurement to go off of.
Depending on the reticle and where it's placed, It can also obstruct your field of view when just wanting to "observe".

Technically the Cronus is optically superior but the Ares is brighter and more powerful. 's my pleasure to discuss this with you if you'd like to give a call, 516-217-1000

I just noticed that the sale is for the ED spotting scope but the info you posted is for the UHD. Is there much difference in the new UHD vs the ED?