308 Win Ladder Results

What makes you think 'max mag length' is anywhere near best seated depth. It could be the very worst, as your ladder looks horrible.

Consider performing Berger's full seating testing before further ladder testing. Could put you on a better path.

I don't think max mag length would be best. Usually it is not best but since I won't consider turning this gun into a single shot, there is no need to try to seat them longer. I'll start at max mag length then try shorter to see if there is any change. If I can't get good groups, then I might try to convert to single shot

I'll probably try 42 then try some higher around 43.5 to 44. The velocities still seem slow to me but I guess they are okay.

What makes you think 'max mag length' is anywhere near best seated depth. It could be the very worst, as your ladder looks horrible.

Consider performing Berger's full seating testing before further ladder testing. Could put you on a better path.
There are clearly 2 nodes...

I'll probably try 42 then try some higher around 43.5 to 44. The velocities still seem slow to me but I guess they are okay.
Not really for a 308 pushing a 180 pill.

What about the Standard Deviations?? I base my decisions on the best load by the smallest SD.
This is why ladder tests work best at extended ranges. Small sd does not equate accuracy, nor does sd or es based off a couple of shots indicate a true velocity spread, it's just not enough data

Below are the results from a 250 yard ladder test. I really need more yardage but the shots and velocities are helpful.

308 Win
180 Berger
Lapua Brass new
210M
Varget
Seated to max mag length
250 yards

86fda50f702575a232f855248008e05d.jpg

DoubleG
Looking at your velocity it flattens out between 43.5 and 44. If it were my load test I would be looking in there for decent ES and group and repeat ladder using smaller increments between 43-44.5. That would confirm how wide the node is and what velocity is doing.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.