308 to 6Br

Tikkatactical308

Hi folks

I was just wondering if it would be possible to turn my Tikka Tactical 308 into a 6BR, I have no problem in buing a new gun ( purchesing oppertunity,you know how that goes) but if it is possible without too much trouble that might be a better way to go. I would get a qualified gunsmith to help with this project for sure.

Thanks

Yep , all thats needed is the barrel swap , it should feed from the mags but I have never delt with a Tikka rifle but in most other guns the same mag wokrs somtimes their may mneed to be a little massaging of the feed lips to keep the short case from jumping out to soon.

A friend of mine has recently done exactly what you suggest, the rifle now has a 26" Trueflite barrel and during his first range session shot an average .4 for 5 shot groups with Norma factory ammo- makes you wonder why I reload...
Feeds like a dream and you can carry spare mags for bomb ups on goats. I think the finish could be a bit nicer, but for the money it is a very good rifle.
Regards,
Ross

Thanks Ross for th info, if I don't change my 308 to a 6 then my next choice is to trade my Browning Citori XS shotgun in for a new Tikka Varmint in 243 then I can spend a little time tinkering around with it before I make the change to 6BR.
A good friend of mine bought a Remminton 243 VLS and had it converted to a 6Br and he loves it, I myself are a lover of Sako and Tikka's ...had a Remmington 3006 CDL a couple of years back and coulden't get it to group better than a inch and a half so I traded it in for a Sako Finlight in 3006 and haven't looked back.
Thanks for the reply
Bucky

Can you get a Tikka .243 varmint in Canada?

Tikkatactical308
I've been looking for one. They aren't imported into the United States.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.