.308 / Sierra Game Changer

Havard

Anyone tried this yet? I have worked up some loads for my bolt gun with AR-Comp, Federal GMM brass, 210m primers, and the 165gr. G/C. I haven't had time to put them on paper yet, but can't wait to try. I have done several searches on here for input and don't "feel the love" for this one. Maybe because it's new? As hot as the Match King is, I suspect the Game Changer will gain popularity as it gets more use. Thoughts?

I got the same vibe on these bullets. No practical experience with them but from what I gather, they're fine when you match up the size of the bullet to the size/distance of the game your shooting. They should be just great for deer all the way out to medium ranges.

I tried a box of game changers, I couldn't find any groups more accurate than I already have, and from my limited "wet paper" testing side by side with eldx, eldm, bergers, and hammer hunters they appeared to not expand as well.
Just 1 small test, but they didn't impress me enough to switch over from my other bullets.
Last time I spoke to them, Sierra claimed they are just tipped game king bullets.

Form what I saw, they are a viable hunting bullet, but maybe not the best construction for longer ranges

Thanks for the replies; I am only hunting with them out to about 225-250 yds. Whitetail only. We will see how they look on paper and I will try and post something here.

I have great luck with them through my 7mm tikka, half moa all day long. I have an 11x11 inch plate at 650 and can smack the crap out of it. Haven't used it on critters yet, just put this together in March.

After some great advise from Greyfox I worked up a load using the 130 gr Game Changer in my 6.5-284. Using Rel 26
and .030" off the lands my load is shooting 0.44 MOA at 400m (437 Y) with a MV of 2988 fps. A couple of weeks later I shot a nice 12 point Red Stag in the neck at 300m. The bullet shattered the vertebrae and left an exit hole that measured around 7/8th inch. My groups tightened up when I went from 20 thou off to 30 thou off the lands.

After some great advise from Greyfox I worked up a load using the 130 gr Game Changer in my 6.5-284. Using Rel 26
and .030" off the lands my load is shooting 0.44 MOA at 400m (437 Y) with a MV of 2988 fps. A couple of weeks later I shot a nice 12 point Red Stag in the neck at 300m. The bullet shattered the vertebrae and left an exit hole that measured around 7/8th inch. My groups tightened up when I went from 20 thou off to 30 thou off the lands.
Very interesting, seems the like a little jump.

Thanks for that bud! Something I was actually waning to hear!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.