308 load data

matt_3479

So i have my first Precision course coming up in July and im beginning to gather all the materials i need that i dont already have. I will be running a 300. win mag pushing 210 vld's around 2850 FPS. Just doing some fine tuning on this load. It will be expensive to shoot this rifle all week and was going to bring a 243. win as a back up. Well one of the reps that works with my store caught wind and said he would donate a sako TRG 308 or 338 for me to use for the week with a Steiner Tactical scope on top. Well id love the 338 as i dont have one and never shot one but its more expensive to shoot. So naturally i told him the 308. win's but i dont load for a 308. So is there any good loads i might be able to start with that will work for my course. I need powder and bullets. I have access to Winchester brass and federal 210 primers and Winchester WLR primers.

I suggest you use the search function located in the top right hand corner of this page. You will find pages of loading data for ths .308 Win.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.