.308 Ftr

Kevin Cram

Here is my own personal rifle I just finished. It's based off of a blueprinted and rear sleeved Winchester pre-64 model 70, Lilja 3 groove barrel in HV contour with diamond fluting, Russo A5/A3 laminate stock with custom air brush shop signature, Burris Signature Rings, and topped with a Sightron S11 6.5-20 X 50.

KevinCrams308FTR1.jpg

KevinCrams308FTR2.jpg

KevinCrams308FTR3.jpg

Wow, That's unique! I haven't seen diamond fluting on barrels before. How's it shoot? Are you planning on shooting alittle F-Class with that rig?

That looks just like the diamond fluting on the BAT actions, just on a much larger scale. I wonder what that would look like coupled together.

I'll have to let you know later how it shoots. I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and all I got was the barrel broke in. I haven't eve shot it at 100 yards yet. I laser bore sighted it and take it with us woodchuck hunting. When it gets slow I shoot at a rock, then clean, and wait for another slow period. At 500 yards it's looking pretty promising. Yes I'd like to try it at a FTR match this summer sometime.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.