.308 brass whats the best?

1) Lapua
2) Norma/Nosler (Norma makes Nosler's brass)
3) Hornady Match
4) Winchester
5) Federal

I use Lapua brass for my proven loads, but I use Hornady Match brass (old stuff I saved up for years) for load development.

My 700 VSSF loves Federal Gold Medal Match stuff, if you can find it.
For that matter, my .223 700 VSSF adores it, too!!
Super consistent case weights, primer pockets, etc..
Lake City is next, for the 308.

The Brand of your brass is not going to necessarily give you better accuracy. what it will give you is more reloads, many more reloads in fact. I have a .223 that when I use Winchester brass I get 4 reloads max. since I have started using lapua, I am on my 9th reload, necks are still annealed. everybody has an opinion I guess as to what it means to be the 'best'. my $0.02:rolleyes:

Seems everyone knows the best stuff. I shake my head at $1/rd brass. I guess for a serious shooter why not. I reload factory brass and anneal after every fourth reload. I've also neck turned some IMI (military) brass and so far it seems to keep on shooting. I've shot 2.5", 500 yard groups with federal brass and a factory barrel, and a 16X scope. Yes I reload and worked up the rounds myself with little effort. It's not that I don't have the money for the best. I don't compete so I have no reason to spend any more time chasing my tail. I love when I'm at the range and out shoot a buddy in a friendly wager. No wonder why some people need better stuff. Good luck with your quest for the best.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.