308 ar hunting load

birddog67

I have a RRA lar 8 and this is a very accurate gun shoot factory match 168 .50 MOA at 100 , I have Been loading some AR comp powder with 178 Amaxs getting 2480 . The are grouping just under. And inch at 100 yards , just wonder what everyone else is using ? I have loaded some match king that where as accurate as factory but they where on the hot side going 2740 , just wonder what combos bullets and powder everyone else is using ? Will be shooting hogs and whiptails .coyotes out to 500 yards

I've had really good luck with Hornady Superformance ammo in my DPMS LR308. Mine likes the 150 gr SST's. I shoot a lot of crop damage with it, the SST's put deer down in a pile at 400 yards like a champ. Tried a few other loads for it, but for the money, convenience and performance, this load is hard to beat. Haven't used them to kill deer beyond 420 yards, but I have other rifles for that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.