.308 Ammo???

BenY 2013

Ok so I've got my .308 built and am getting ready to sight it in! I have already purchased some Winchester Super X 180gr Power Point bullets. My question is "what kind of factory ammo do I need or will these do?" I wasn't thinking when I bought these but plan to use them to just break in the barrel. The gun will mostly be used on deer and targets at 100-600yds. Also if possible I don't want to break the bank with this ammo, but it will have to do until I can start reloading thanks!

From 100-600 that bullet will be just fine. It will depend on how well your rifle likes them. You could go with any of the hunting stuff in 165grn and up. You want to try and stick with boattail style bullets if you can. The Remington Accutip, Winchester with the CT bullet would be a good one. I hand load, but I'm getting really good results with Nosler Ballistic Tips. So looking for a manufacturer with that bullet would be a good option also.

Tank

Ok thank you very much! I am planning to start reloading after the first of the year (hopefully):rolleyes:! I can't wait to get this thing sighted in, been waiting on it for almost a year about time!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.