.308 150gr. ETip vs. Milk Jugs

davkrat

Posted a video I shot last weekend trying to use the slow motion ability of my GoPro camera. Everyone likes blowing up milk jugs right! My .308 using Varget averages about 2730 fps., this shot actually clocked in at 2699 fps. I was about 100 yards away. Blew up the the first 3 jugs pretty good, pierced the 4th and ended up stopping on the far side of the 5th jug and denting the front of the 6th. Pretty good performance out of the little old .308. Going out tomorrow morning to try H4895 and BLC-2. I'm seeing some pressure signs with the Varget load and am hoping another powder might help out. Seems like I should be able to get better velocity than I'm getting also. Would love to try the new cfe223 but can't find any locally. Also got the .332" Hornady Bushing which solved the lack of tension issue I was having in the past with the ETips and Winchester brass.

Remember to pick up your trash!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOv7NppTXrw].308 Win. 150 gr ETip milk jugs 100 yards - YouTube[/ame]

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.