300AX first Impresions

TXAoudadKlr

I visited the local range to get a zero for my 300AX Raptor Stalker this afternoon the rounds I loaded up with the data Kirby gave m for my rifle. After 3 shots I had my zero and decided to go for a group. After letting the barrel cool for several minutes I went for the 3 shot group. First shot landed in the bullseye as expected, second shot I ended up pulling an inch to the right 3rd went through the same hole as the first as did the 4th. A cease fire was called so the rage officers could conduct a target change, I got one of the range officers to retrieved my target. With it in hand I looked it over for several minutes and before putting it on the bench so I pack up. While looking it over I couldn't help but thing the group was smaller than a single shot from my 458socom but I'll never know while packing up my target was blown on to the range right after it had hot again :(

I'm pretty confident the group was right around 1/3MOA. I was very pleased with the rifle given this was my fist outing with it. IMO it was well worth the wait!!!

TXAoudadKlr

It was, except for when my target got blown on to the range. Luckliy, I managed to get a half decent picture through the scope that I'll post later. Now, just need to confirm my drops.

TXAoudadKlr

That's mild load from what Kirby said. The rifle has a 26in lija 3 groove barrel. I think 3150+with the 230 would be achievable in this rifle's configuration. I have no doubt one with a 30 barrel would easily do 3200+.

Attachments

jonthomps

Man that's a sweet looking rig! Even 3100 with the Berger 230 would be ridiculously impressive. Those adjustable McM hunter stocks are the cats pajamas. Congrats on a great build.

jonthomps

Heck yeah man, that's great accuracy! I'll be really interested to hear what she does at distance. I still can't imagine a 230 moving at 3100-3150. Never heard a bad thing about the rifles Kirby builds. I almost bought one from him a while back but GA Precision is is 30 minutes away, lol.

TXAoudadKlr

I hope to at least get some drops and check accuracy out to 600 given that the farthest the range goes out to in a week or two.

Trending threads

Recent Posts