• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 wsm brass

I recently bought Hornady 300 wsm (more than I needed) and will carefully sort for consistency. Couldn't find Norma brass and got tired of waiting. Even if I cull out 30%, it's still cost effective for me.

Ive come to the same conclusion. I bought 100 rounds of Federal fusion ammo for under $1.00 per round. I will use it to do barrel break-in, and fire form brass. If I get 65 or 70 consistent pieces out of it, I think I can work with that.

I will be the only person I know volume sorting, and neck turning Federal brass for a 300 WSM....that is for sure. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much trouble.

I started with Federal factory for my first 300 wsm and then reloaded. Federal brass produced very good groups for me. Brass prep is the key.

I have 59 pieces of Winchester fired brass. I believe that count is accurate and it's either 1x or 2x fired. I have it documented on the bag and can check when I get to my reloading stuff.

Just ordered Winchester brass from midway. $40. For fifty if I remember correctly. Maybe not the best but good enough to get me started. I a m interested in whatever Op doesn't want - nickel included.

I'll never spend the money on norma brass again. Last 2 batches I've bought were no good. A buddy had the same issue more than once. I used to be a Norma guy. Unfortunately, never again.

If you bought Norma USA brass in the 25 round boxes, I've heard that it's inferior to the European Norma brass that comes in 100-count bags. I've never had an issue with those.

Just ordered Winchester brass from midway. $40. For fifty if I remember correctly. Maybe not the best but good enough to get me started. I a m interested in whatever Op doesn't want - nickel included.
I have found what's needed. Haven't Closed the thread yet because I'm wanting to hear others feedback on the quality of the different brass they're using

I have 59 pieces of Winchester fired brass. I believe that count is accurate and it's either 1x or 2x fired. I have it documented on the bag and can check when I get to my reloading stuff.

59 pieces was correct but I don't have whether it's once or twice fired documented. PM me if interested

You're welcome to these. I have over 200 headed my way and I have about 200 at home!

I bought some Winchester 300wsm brass a few months ago and was not impressed. 19 out of the 100 pieces right out of the bags went straight to the scrap pile. Split necks, shoulders wrinkled, primer pockets deformed, flash holes deformed. I probably got a bad batch but it was enough to ruin it for me. Out of the pieces I prepped and continued on with, I am on my 3rd firing now.
Slight disclosure, ...I did not call Winchester to try and get replacement pieces so what can I say? They might have made things right but didn't want to mess with it as I'd rather have something to complain about on the forums.

I just got got mine and looked at them today. One is junk out of the bag. I am not impressed with the overall quality,but we will see how they shoot and last. Primer pockets definitely have to be cleaned up.