• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 300 WSM Brass - One piece

Well, got some measurements.

According to this SAAMI sheet, the base to datum measurement is 1.7300?

Screenshot_20220604-225937.png

Factory Federal, both lead and copper, cycled fine. Hornady factory copper cycled fine as well. Nosler brass without a projectile did not cycle well. Very hard bolt close. Measurement from the Federal was 1.741 and 1.738. Hornady was 1.738. Nosler brass was 1.742. I resized the Nosler brass (a little too much) to 1.732 and it cycled just fine. So it seems to be an issue with the brass shoulder. Curious though, if SAAMI days 1.730, aren't all the other rounds larger than that and I should have experienced the issue? Or the factory chamber is actually larger than 1.730

I think what people don't realize is saami is industry guidelines not a strict measurement of any kind they even have tolerances. Reamer manufacturers do to some better than others for sure and so do brass manufactures.
Theres even about .005 between go and no go so tolerances can easily stack up.
Its best to measure everything before you even start.
God knows ive learned the hard way.
My New ADG 300wsm brass measure exactly at the datum line what my fired 6.5x300wsm does so I bump them brand new.

Last edited:
No matter what the headspace is on your chamber, measure a fired case with a shoulder OAL gauge and just size your brass, bumping the shoulder back .002 thousands and load it up and go shoot. As long as you do that every time, you should be good. My smith usually does my chambers with a snug headspace because he knows that's how I like it. The Nosler brass just needs to be bumped back to .002 thou less than a fired case and then check the overall length of the brass to be sure it doesn't need trimming.

No matter what the headspace is on your chamber, measure a fired case with a shoulder OAL gauge and just size your brass, bumping the shoulder back .002 thousands and load it up and go shoot. As long as you do that every time, you should be good. My smith usually does my chambers with a snug headspace because he knows that's how I like it. The Nosler brass just needs to be bumped back to .002 thou less than a fired case and then check the overall length of the brass to be sure it doesn't need trimming.
Its factory ammo.

Its factory ammo.
I understand so he will have to pull bullets and dump powder in a pan and then just use the body die without decapping pin and bump back .002 smaller than something he has fired in that chamber. Dump powder back in case and seat a bullet. Boom, he's done, go shoot. While he is at it, weigh the powder in each case for consistency.

I understand so he will have to pull bullets and dump powder in a pan and then just use the body die without decapping pin and bump back .002 smaller than something he has fired in that chamber. Dump powder back in case and seat a bullet. Boom, he's done, go shoot. While he is at it, weigh the powder in each case for consistency.
I would take the factory ammo back and buy ADG brass and start over

I saw some for sale on here just a few days ago, not sure if it still is though