300 Winnie 215 Berger bullets Magnum Powder

What's the preference on jump with a 215 ? I've asked this elsewhere before several times and I always get different answers. I've jumped them over 100 thou and had good results but I like to start at .020"
Just curious as to everybody's experience here.

What's the preference on jump with a 215 ? I've asked this elsewhere before several times and I always get different answers. I've jumped them over 100 thou and had good results but I like to start at .020"
We've had good luck on a few rifles at 30 thou off.

If I remember right I'm running them 15-20 thousands off the lands. Bad thing with my load, is I can't run them in a standard bdl mag. I need to either get a Wyatt or a dbm and run cip mags.

IMG_2435.png
IMG_2434.png

Thank you all for your input. I've decided, to continue to push the rifle and try and get the speed I want. I already know it shoots well at 77gr and will play with seeding depth later. Will post pictures of the outcome when I get to shoot again.

Got mine out this evening. N570, Norma brass, fed 215m, 215 hybrid. Started at 76gr went up 1gr at a time to 82grs. Only made it to 80. 76gr was slow, around 2760. 79 was right where I want to be for velocity but it had no pressure whatsoever. Felt like lifting the bolt on an empty chamber. Velocity was 2895. No pressure so I went for 80. Got a nice shiny spot on the case head so 79gr is my max. I'll load 78 up 79 next, probably in .3 increments and shoot groups.

I will say I was kind of surprised. I just shot steel behind the house at around 230 yards. Standing off a tank trap with a fortune cookie. Group looked to be 2-3" with charge ranging from 76 to 80gr. Recoil wasn't bad. I could almost spot impacts. My rifle does have a good brake though and it weighs 15.6 pounds.

Edit to add, my oal is 2.920" base to ogive. It's over 3.7" but I don't have a loaded round to measure right now. Gives me .020" jump at that length.

Last edited: