.300 win mag ES issues

My attempts to turn my 300WM brass with a K&M turner did not turn out so well as oscillation ended up making the necks less uniform (my bad when learning on my own). I was glad I was practicing on some WW brass instead of my Norma brass. I have not tried it again on any of my reloads.
My low ES/SD loads with 308 and 30-06 are with Lupua brass (not neck turned) but I am skeptical the difference between their results and the 300WM results is wholly attributable to difference in quality for Norma vs Lupua brass.
I would have thought neck turning would more affect runout and precision and from the group sizes you report, you don't seem to have issues there.

Hi there. I am hoping someone has used 4000 MR by Alliant and could help me please. I have a Remington police addition 300 win mag with a 26" bull barrel that has a 1/10 twist. I hunt with a 190 grain Berger VLD hunting round and am trying to work up a load. Thanks in advance for any info !

Hi there. I am hoping someone has used 4000 MR by Alliant and could help me please. I have a Remington police addition 300 win mag with a 26" bull barrel that has a 1/10 twist. I hunt with a 190 grain Berger VLD hunting round and am trying to work up a load. Thanks in advance for any info !
You need to start your own thread if you wanted to get answers. To do that click on forums in the header above this. Then scroll down to the rifles reloading optics and click there. Just above the different threads is a new thread button, click that put in you title then your questions.
Good luck

I'll start by saying between my rifles and a few buddies rifles we have extreme spreads in the single digits and teens in multiple .308's, .300 wsm, .300 rum, 7 wsm, and .338 Lapua. Myself and one other buddy are fighting hard to get good es's on our .300 win mags. We are shooting 230 hybrids and h1000. His rifle shot a 3 shot 100 yard group at .030" with 73.2 grains and .020" jump with a fed 215m. My rifle shot a 3 shot 100 yard group that measures .098" with 74.4 grains h1000 and 230 hybrid .020" jump with a cci 200. In both rifles we have tried cci 200/250 and fed 210m/215m. It doesn't matter what we try, our es's are all over the place. Anywhere from 30-60. All brass has been match prepped and using inside dry neck lube. Using the same loading techniques I always have on all other rifles. Where do I go from here? I have about 20 lbs of h1000 and that seams to be the go to powder that others are getting to work. I see no reason why I can't get (2) .300 win mags to get a decent Es. Any ideas? Thanks

What chronograph are you using?

I would stay with LRM primers and not mess with LR at all. First thought it is just a primer issue and there are many to try. Next would be neck tension.

What makes you think you are in a good stable powder node? If you can list your load work up with charges and velocity this would help.

Stay with H1000 in the 300WM - its not the powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.