300 RUM extended magazine box

gaps

I have researched the net but most posts are old or do not have what I am looking for so I started a new one...

I am looking for some help finding an extended mag box or detachable mags for my 300RUM. The load I found for my rifle has a coal of 3.899 and my rifle is currently a single shot because the round is too long. The rifle shoots this load so well that I will not change it. Sooooo, is there any options for me to make my rifle a repeater or am I stuck with a single shot? Thanks for any help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's hard to consider messing with something that works well, but have you done a seating depth test to see if your load will work with a shorter OAL?

You'll also need to machine the back of the action to fit the Wyatt box.

the wyatt box is easy to install and works very well with the RUM length cartridges. I have a wyatt box in my 300 RUM and have put them in several others. My buddy has one in his 338 EDGE and can load longer 338 bullets way out there to get to the lands.

Thanks for the info guys, it looks like this will work for me. Now just have to talk with the smith to see how much he will charge to install this. It will be awesome to get this rifle as a repeater without changing the load or coal!!!!

Would it hold 3+1 rounds like the factory one I am assuming? Or would it be better to go with a detachable magazine and different bottom metal?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.