300 rum brass

Which company

• Norma

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Nosler

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

DXHI

Looking for suggestions of which manufacturer to purchase. First time loading for this beast trying to make sure I'm prepped and ready for an elk hunt. Been using factory ammo.
Apparently lapua doesnt make .

So between nosler or norma.....

Atlas/ADG is better unless you can find some of the Remington brass. But many of those who have a 'stash' of Remington believe it is more valuable than platinum. :eek:;)
I'm holding onto mine and shooting the ADG for time being.

Atlas/ADG is better unless you can find some of the Remington brass. But many of those who have a 'stash' of Remington believe it is more valuable than platinum. :eek:;)
I'm holding onto mine and shooting the ADG for time being.
Is Remington RUM brass that good??
I've never had a use for Rem brass except for foulers in any other cartridges I shoot.

I can't speak for anyone except for myself. I've been shooting the .300 RUM since it was introduced, about 1999 I think. I bought 2,000 pieces of brass at the time and they have carried me this far, so far. My loads, while warmer than many, are not primer pocket shattering high pressure. I anneal when required and full length resize. My goal is 10 or more shots per piece then shoot them as foulers. I shot some Nosler and found it to be lacking, although the Norma was a tiny bit better, not by much.

Is Remington RUM brass that good??
I've never had a use for Rem brass except for foulers in any other cartridges I shoot.
I have quite a bit of the Rem brass from a past 300RUM & 7RUM (Had to use 300RUM to load for 7RUM, unless you got some from factory loaded 7) and it's good stuff!

The only reason, and only one, that I haven't used ADG yet, is because haven't needed to for 300RUM.

Now 28 Nosler, I need me some that ADG stuff?! Missed out on the first run a week ago or so SOL! They won't have any again for a while?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.