300 PRC dying?

Hard to argue with results you are seeing. How long are you seating your Nosler rounds?
They are 3.660" 0.020" with a freebore of 0.200. I've got all the length I need to run it to touching lands. Action is a +CIP cut. For what it's worth the SAAMI reamer will work great with the 215's also. This fb let's me run 230's if I want.

Cell guy---

Sorry, the one thing I am sure of is Upstate NY IS dying! I have a friend in farm country we shoot to 1260 but I don't get to do that enough!! It is really a good time!!

no its not dying not even close its gonna take a while for people to actually start trying it
just like the creedmoor
.it will out run the 300wm all day every day

I hope not, I just got a Fiero Carbon Rival in 300PRC and am putting a Swarovski Z8i on it as my primary Elk gun....ammo has been a bit tough, but there is some around if you dig...Hope it lives up to the hype, am replacing a Christensen Ridgeline 300Win Mag....

I hope not, I just got a Fiero Carbon Rival in 300PRC and am putting a Swarovski Z8i on it as my primary Elk gun....ammo has been a bit tough, but there is some around if you dig...Hope it lives up to the hype, am replacing a Christensen Ridgeline 300Win Mag....
Sorry, Fierce.....Carbon Rival. TYPO, anyone have much experience with the Fierce in 300PRC and how it performs?

On the government/military side it's dead. The Navy canceled the rest of their 300prc barrels/ammo purchases cause they're going with the 300 Norma In the mrad. It's becoming standardized across the services. 338norma, 300 Norma and .308. Navy wanted the prc but Army won with all the testing on the Norma. And the marines just selected the mrad to upgrade a while back too. Good thing is that should free up brass for the civilian side since consumers are really what keep firearm mfr's and component makers in business.

I'm not one to base any trend off of, but I stated earlier in this thread - probably have another one some day. Well, that day came several months back and now I have plenty of components for it.

I think the PRC has an interesting place. Issue is, it's not THAT much superior over the 300 WM and doesn't match the Norma.. it's in that middle ground, where there was a lot of marketing hype. It will be around for a bit, Hornady has invested so much money into it. It will stay alive. It's a great round, I love it, but it's not one that blows up my dress.

Last edited:

Recent Posts