300 Lapua improved load data thread

Alex Wheeler

We are starting to play with this cartridge. Its just a necked down version of my 338 Lapua improved that has work so well. Out to 1k, to 30 cal has held a small accuracy advantage over the 338. Not much but its there. So I wanted to see if I could match the ballistics and keep the accuracy of the 30 cal so I ordered the reamers. So far Im really pleased with the results. This first barrel has tuned up very easily and is honestly shooting better than expected with components right out of the box. I love 338s but to make them really shoot they have to be heavier than most like to carry. The 30s can be lighter before raw accuracy goes away.

RL33 and 245 Bergers

thumbnail (6).png

N570 and 230 Bergers
thumbnail (7).png

N570 and 245 Bergers
thumbnail (11).png

230 Bergers and N570 at 1000yds
thumbnail (9).jpg

N570 and Berger 245s

thumbnail (12).png

I think I need buy a big tenon action that can take a 4" mag box for one these. Alex what do you recommend, bat hr?

Thats the one! Or you can do a HR single shot. Im putting one together now on a single shot HR. The 245 is long for a repeater but you could jump them more and make it work. The cartridge is impressive, its about the baddest lr elk cartridge there is unless you want a heavier rifle in 338.

Resurrecting this one. Any more info on the 300 lm improved? I've owned a straight 300 lapua in the past, but now I'm thinking of a big 30 again.

Always wanted a 30-338 improved or straight. Just don't go elk hunting enough to justify the need.